Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I'm HERE!

I arrived in NYC yesterday--woo hoo!! Spent the afternoon walking around with my amazing mother scoping out hardware stores, grocery stores, restaurants and shopping in Brooklyn. Thank goodness that there is an American Apparel a block and a half away (can I say dangerous?).

We went to lunch at Osteria Il Paiolo. My mom got the asparagus risotto that had fried clams on top--it was DELICIOUS. I had the Insalata Mista that was a mixed green salad with cherry tomatoes and a cheese similar to fresh mozzarella, but the middle was more milky. It was delicious as well and dressed with a light olive oil and some salt and pepper. The food was amazing, and the waiter was even better. Our waiter may have been the most gorgeous guy I have every seen. Definitely going back there... for multiple reasons.

The fashion around me is already sparking inspiration. Although there are a plethora of hipsters in Williamsburg, I'm loving the fashion and the fact that everyone is so different. Since I'll be working in Manhattan, I'm looking forward to seeing an even wider variety of fashion.

I am officially accepted by HR and start on Tuesday! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment